Finally getting to continue this! Roughly halfway through 😋 #percyjackson
people who scream when the teacher turns off the lights
I have such a weakness for characters who use snark and humor to cover up the fact that they feel like huge fuck ups but they’re actually heroes with hearts of gold and smart as all hell
Hope In Every Book’s Book Giveaway!
I have hit the 500 followers mark and to celebrate I am hosting a giveaway! I’m so grateful to all of you guys to following me and sharing a love of books together! I’ve made great friends, discovered new books, and now I get to share a book with a lucky winner!
- You must be following me, hope-in-every-book (No giveaway blogs).
- One like = one entry, one reblog = one entry.
- You may reblog multiple times, just do not spam your followers!
- The winner will be announced June 28, 2014.
There will be one winner chosen via a random number generator and found in the notes.
- THERE WILL NOW BE TWO WINNERS. I hit the 1,000 follower mark and am now adding a winner for the occasion!
- The winners will be contacted via ask box (please keep these open!)
- The winner can select any of the above books! It will be a paperback because I’m currently tight on money :(
- The winner has 48 hours to respond to me with the book title and their address or I will have to choose another winner.
- You must be willing to share your mailing address with me - I promise I will only use it to send you your book.
- This is an international giveaway, granted that bookdepository ships free to your country (check here).
One week (I’m really excited to draw winners!!)
thanks so much!!
and idk, i don’t think i really have a strict preference. most of the books on my shelves ares paperbacks, but that is only because 99% of the time i’m broke and i’m still partially dependent on my parents and i feel horrible asking them for money (i’m too shy!!!!); i usually buy hardbacks if it’s like a series or if I’ve read the book before and I just really want a pretty, hardback version of it to keep forever!
June Book Photo Challenge Day 16: Book Stack
~My favorite hardcover spines.
you may think my black clothes are punk but in reality i have just been mourning ned stark for the last three years
Recent purchase; look at my new gorgeous books | Part V
Day Twenty One: Library/Bookstore
The King’s English. It’s the best little independent bookstore in Salt Lake City. It’s the reason I get the chance to meet so many incredible authors.
It used to be an old house. There are tiny rooms stashed with books, tons of little nooks and corners and the friendliest staff. The roses in front of their newsletter? They were trimming a rose bush outside and put them in the vase while I was there.
One of my favorite spots in the store is the Mystery room. It’s where the authors sign. It just always looks so cozy and inviting. <3
The #SVYALit Project: Using YA Lit to talk about sexual violence and consent in the lives of teens. Here are a few book lists and book reviews.
Because No Always Mean No, a list of books dealing with sexual assault
Take 5: Difficult books on an important topic (sexual violence)
Take 5: Sexual Violence in the Life of Boys
Book Review: The Gospel of Winter by Brendan Kiely
Thinking About Boys, Sex, and Sex & Violence by Carrie Mesrobian
What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton
Plus One by Elizabeth Fama
September Girls by Bennett Madison
Discussing THE S WORD by Chelsea Pitcher, a guest post by Lourdes Keochgerien
5 Reasons I Loved Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
Charm and Strange by Stephanie Khuen
The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Uses for Boys by Erica Loraine Scheidt
Killer Instinct by S. E. Green
See the complete #SVYALit Project Index Here: http://www.teenlibrariantoolbox.com/2014/02/svyalit-project-index.html